A dedicated intersectional journalist with seasoned experience covering athletic events across numerous mediums. With a signature trauma-informed approach to issues that impact this nation's most marginalized and vulnerable populations, all work is produced with human-centered reporting.
Digital reporter / / Cronkite News-Arizona PBS / 08.2021 - 12.2021
· The only digital reporter covering Arizona State Football.
· Writing stories on issues involving the intersection between sports and culture.
· Reported on issues regarding inequality in underserved communities and communities of color.
Lead writer / / Carnegie-Knight News21 / 06.2021 - 08.2021
· On a national investigative reporting project that examined the impact COVD-19 has had on healthcare workers in rural America.
· Researched and analyzed data between rural and urban healthcare during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
· Conducted interviews with healthcare workers, COVID patients, and experts in the medical field.
· Assisted with shooting a short documentary film.
Digital Reporter / / The United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, 06.2021 - 08.2021
· Wrote day-turns summarizing the events of the day before, highlighting the top performers.
· Wrote feature stories, that were a part of The USOPC “Olympians Made Here Campaign.”
· Conducted in-depth interviews with players and coaches.
Student Journalist / Arizona Interscholastic Association / 01.2021 - 04.2021
· Covered spring, winter and spring sports for Desert Edge High School.
· Wrote game stories and feature stories.
· Conducted post-game interviews with coaches and players on camera and off camera.
· Disseminated news content through social media for better engagement with audiences and faster reporting.
Graduate Assistant / Global Sport Institute / 08.2020 - 05.2021
Researched and created graphs representing diversity amongst professional sports organizations.
· Provided article reviews on research studies; the data collected was included for the Sports Anti-Racist Project.
Assisted with compiling data for the Race and Sports class.